Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I wish i got my money back at the theatre! - The Sixth Sense Reviews

I am a HUGE horror film fan, especially intelligent (ie more plot less gore)horror films. So when I first heard of this movie I was thrilled. But then I saw the trailers and the trailers left me with a bad feeling. I thought, could they be so lame as to make Willis' character a ghost? Nah thats tooo obvious. But they kept pushing the "twist" ending.. I went first showing, first day with trepidation. Could this movie JUST be about the "twist" ending? Sadly it was.. Since I went in with the knowledge of Willis' character being a ghost and being confirmed of this fact the FIRST 10 MINUTES of the movie(I mean who can survive a gunshot like that??)I sat back and watched a one trick pony of a plot. Twist endings are great when a movie does it right, like say Fight Club or Idenity but a movie that bases itself just around the twist is a poor excuse for a movie. What would have made this movie great is if they centered it around the kid and not Bruce Willis' character. I would have loved seeing him help dead people more and less twisting the plot to fit the "surprise ending". This is by far one of the worse, cliched horror movies I have ever seen.

No comments: